Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Where on earth did that year go?

Yesterday was August 20th, 2013 - Nathan's very 1st Birthday.  I can't believe my baby boy turned one.  I am astonished at how fast the year went by.  When I reel through my mind the images, memories and experiences that I had during the first year of his life, I am humbled.  I completely understand why people say that children grow up too fast.   It was a low key day until I got home from work, in which time we crammed in a visit from Auntie Laura and her girls who came bearing cakes and presents.  They made it an extra special birthday since we were without family for hopefully the ONLY time in Nathan's life.  Then we quickly ate take-out dinner followed by three back to back Skype sessions with the Grandparents.

All in all it was a great evening, even though Nathan's schedule got disrupted a bit.   This weekend on Sunday we'll be doing a smash cake photo session with our neighbor Denise.  I'm excited for it and hope it turns out well, as I put a good bit of work into planning and execution of it.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment